Held early each January in partnership with the American Mathematical Society, the Joint Mathematics Meetings is the largest annual mathematics meeting in the world -- attendance in 2013 was an incredible 6600! The program provides plentiful opportunities to engage with your fellow mathematicians and learn about innovative research in your interest areas, including numerous invited addresses, minicourses, short courses, panel sessions, workshops, paper sessions, posters, exhibits, and more.
MAA Invited Addresses
- Sarah-Marie Belcastro, Sarah Lawrence College
- William Dunham, Muhlenberg College
- Helaman and Claire Ferguson
- Jill Pipher, Brown University
- Michael Starbird, University of Texas at Austin
AMS-MAA Joint Invited Addresses
- Benson Farb, University of Chicago
- Carl Pomerance, Dartmouth College
MAA-AMS-SIAM Gerald and Judith Porter Public Lecture
- Eitan Grinspun, Columbia University
AMS Invited Addresses
- Emmanuel Candès, Stanford University
- Christopher Hacon, University of Utah
- Paul Seidel, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- H.-T. Yau, Harvard University
AMS Josiah Willard Gibbs lecture
- Andrew Blake, Microsoft Research Cambridge
AMS Colloquium Lectures
- Dusa McDuff, Columbia University
MAA Short Course
The MAA Short Course, Reading, Writing and Doing the History of Mathematics:Learning the Methods of Historical Research, will be held on Monday, January 13th and Tuesday, January 14th. For a descrition, list of presenters and more information click here (pdf).
MAA Contributed Paper Sessions
The MAA presents Contributed Paper Sessions on a variety of topics at every Joint Mathematics Meeting.The deadline for abstracts is Tuesday, September 17, 2013.
Judges Needed for JMM Undergrad Poster Session
The Undergraduate Student Poster Session will be held on Friday, January 17, from 3:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. The session is reserved for undergraduate and first-year graduate students submitting posters on work done while an undergraduate. We will be accepting registrations for judges soon.