The Association is able to send out email ‘blasts’ to all of the members of a section, but can also target subgroups of the members of a section (i.e. those with particular zip codes). To make this process efficient and effective, the Association follows the following policy. The MAA reserves the right to amend this policy at its discretion. In case of amendments, users will be informed appropriately.
Email Submission Policy
- All requests must be emailed directly from the section Secretary. Send to Margaret Maurer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Requests should be sent at least two weeks in advance. We will do our best to send emails out within one to two business days, but that time frame is not guaranteed, particularly in the spring due to the large number of requests received in a brief period of time.
- Sections are limited to two emails per month, so the section Secretary is strongly encouraged to combine several messages into a single e-newsletter.
Best Practices for MAA Emails
- Write well-structured emails and use short, descriptive subjects. Do not write emails in capitals.
- Keep sentences short and to the point.
- Do not use Internet abbreviations and characters such as smileys.
- The signature for all Section emails should include the section secretary’s contact information or the designate contact for the specific message.
- Only attach Word documents and PDFs to your messagee if needed. Do not include any attachments that haven’t been previously scanned for viruses or other threats.
- Do not include libelous, defamatory, offensive, racist or obscene remarks.
- Review the content of the email message so that no confidences are broken, and appropriate permissions for content have been obtained.
- The MAA’s email system is meant for communicating section related business only; MAA does not allow use of email for personal use or endorsements
Questions about Sections? | email Margaret Maurer at email@example.com